Sunday 30 January 2011

Pantone Honeysuckle Spring 2011 Colour Forecast

Pantone reveals that the colour of Spring 2011 to be Honeysuckle.
“Honeysuckle emboldens us to face everyday troubles with verve and vigor. A dynamic reddish pink, Honeysuckle is encouraging and uplifting. It elevates our psyche beyond escape, instilling the confidence, courage and spirit to meet the exhaustive challenges that have become part of everyday life.”
I would actually give Pantone 9/10 for their depiction of Honeysuckle. I would describe the colour as muted watermelon brûlée – a concoction of vibrant watermelon with pastel peach underlying tones. Maybe ‘Watermelon” would have been a more appropriate name?
As you can see from my polyvore below, I feel that the exact colour is very hard to come across in the fashion world, as clothing tends to be a lot more vivid, verging towards hot pink shades. However, upon reading Pantones press release I did immediately recollect an item of clothing that I purchased exactly 12 months ago. The item being an ASOS diamante hoop split front maxi dress. This is the perfect Honeysuckle shade! (maxi dress located far right on my polyvore)
I know that this shade is not for everyone but for me I cant get enough of it. I think this shade works best with medium/dark skin tones although in terms of make up, I feel that the pastel hues would be best suited to light/medium skin tones.

What do you think of Pantones Spring 2011 colour report? Do you think it works best as a make-up colour or a clothing/accessories/shoes colour?

No comments:

Post a Comment