Tuesday 25 January 2011

Hot New Trend 2011: return of the Floppy Hat


The Brigitte Bardot floppy hat is back! The 70's inspired Spring/Summer trends are in full pledge with this bad boy. I remember years ago watching Jennifer Lopez rockin' one of these beauties to the MTV awards show, teamed with a gypsy style top, white shorts, and killer heels. Suchhhh a gorge look, and what I like best about these hats is they classify any pair of shorts and heels. The past few years I've never worn shorts with heels simply because I didn't want to look like a 'hoochie' but I think the addition of dark designer shades and a floppy hat just oozes GLAMOUROUS...
Oooo flossy flossy!!


I purchased these a few weeks ago from ASOS;
The left image is the ASOS 70's floppy hat, which cost £17 at the time, but it has since gone up to £25. The felt was nice and soft but I found the brim to be overly floppy, in particular, the sides, where they would just fall flat to the side of my head! Not exactly the JLo-esqu look I was going for!!
The right image is the Catarzi felt floppy hat, colour Nero, which cost £27. I purchased the two as I wanted to see which one was the better hat, and hands down it has got to be the Catarzi one. The brim is so much more sturdy yet it still has movement. ASOS returns are not only free, they process the return really quickly so I had the intention of returning the less desired hat. In this case, I returned the ASOS branded hat.

That evening I went to TK Maxx with my mum, and found 3 floppy hats in the EXACT same style as the Catarzi. They are by Failsworth, and at £5 a hat I got all 3! Caramel, Brown, and Grey.


Do you like the 70's floppy hat trend? I clearly cant get enough of it!

2 comments:

  1. Welcome the goddess of the moon and the night,
    Bless us with wisdom, bless us with might.
    Give us tonight, the power to heal,
    The power to release the magick so real.

    ...thanks!...sweet lady

    ReplyDelete