Monday 30 April 2012

YSL Rouge Volupte 16


The Perfect Red Lip - YSL Rouge Volupte 16 'Red Temptation'. I am a big fan of red lipstick and more so YSL Rouge Volupte lipsticks. Creamy in texture, these lipsticks instantly soften the lips, are easy to apply, true to colour and contain SPF15. They really are FANTASTIC. They are expensive at £23.50, but in my opinion, well worth the money - the product is gorgeous, the packaging is gorgeous, and the staying power is brilliant.


On my medium olive-toned skin the warmth compliments my colouring and gives me a fresh healthy glow - perfect if you are doing a 1940's pin up makeup look.
I used YSL lip liner #10 (£15.50) to stop the lipstick bleeding and it did work quite well although I do find the liner to be a bit too cool toned for this lipstick - Illamasqua 'Spell' pencil (originally bought for a Halloween eye-make up look) would have been a better option as it has more orange undertones, but I couldn't find it at the time and I was in a rush! Next time...

What's your favourite red lipstick?

No comments:

Post a Comment