Saturday 28 April 2012

The Perfect Party Shoe - Christian Louboutin Lady Peep 150 Glitter Slingbacks



I think shoes can make or break an outfit. I like to invest in footwear because I like to shop in the high street for clothes. You can find some great pieces in the high street at a fraction of the cost of designer clothes, which of course means you can splurge on lovely nice red soles!
I got these Louboutins a few months ago so I’m not sure if you can still find them but the EU online boutique have the same style/colour but without the sling back. Personally, I prefer the Christian Louboutin Lady Peep 150 slingback version of this shoe in glitter as they add a bit of an edge to any outfit. I did purchase the exact same style with the black glitter finish before Christmas, but they were half a size too small so I returned them, reluctantly of course, with the hope of finding them again in the correct size. I never did manage to get the black glitter ones as they were sold out everywhere so when the multi glitter version was released as part of Christian Louboutin’s Spring/Summer 2012 Collection I couldn’t wait to get them!


This style has been made in 3 colours – black, gold, & multi. I do actually prefer the multi as the champagne undertones mean that the shoes would go equally well with gold or silver accessories. The black ones are also gorgeous. I find the gold ones to look a bit on the cheap side. What I love about these is that the glitter doesn’t rub off like many of the cheaper high street versions. The quality and craftsmanship of these shoes really is worth every penny. At £565 they are reasonable considering the price of some ‘party’ style Louboutins.

As far as sizing/fitting goes, the style runs true to size. I am a UK size 4 and a 37 fits me perfectly. The heel measures approx 6 inches with a 1.5 inch platform. The almond shaped peep toe makes them extremely comfortable if you get the perfect size – half a size too small and your toes will feel the pressure, half a size too big and your toes will slip right out! They probably are best suited to narrow feet as are most Louboutins.



I do feel that these are the perfect party shoes – comfortable and classy, with the ultimate sparkle! The light catches these soooo well and they would look equally pretty with a dress on a Saturday night, or with skinny jeans, a smart top and a blazer for lunch/shopping.

What's your favourite Christian Louboutin 'Party Shoe'?

No comments:

Post a Comment